Tshering Sherpa is a Paralegal at JFB Legal. A recent graduate of the State University of New York (SUNY) at Geneseo, Tshering brings diverse experience, including being a front-line worker during the COVID-19 pandemic, founding a youth sports development program in rural Nepal, and earning her professional open water diver certification. Prior to joining JFB Legal, Tshering worked as a career peer mentor at SUNY’s Department of Career Services, and as a volunteer at the Greek America Corps Foundation, assisting with the Unaccompanied Minor/Refugee Program. Tshering loves challenges and exploring, and her academic curiosity led her to become a McNair Scholar, conducting a research project on Semantics.
The State University of New York, Geneseo, B.A. in International Relations & Psychology, 2021
- Norman R. McConney Jr. Award for Student Excellence Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women Eddie Lee ’76 Ambassadorship
Centro Superior de Lenguas Modernas de la Universidad de Cádiz, Cádiz, Spain, Intensive Summer Spanish Language Program, 2019
Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, Introduction to the Thai Language Program, 2021
Prior to JFB Legal
Unaccompanied Minor/Refugee Volunteer, Greek America Corps Foundation, New York, NY (June 2021- August 2021)
- Collaborated with the Greek Council of Refugees and METAdrasi to provide social and integration services to vulnerable cases, including unaccompanied minors, victims of trafficking, and refugees aiming to normalize their experience in Greece.
- Volunteered with Boroume, a charitable organization to reduce food waste and fight malnutrition to gather unsold food from farmers’ markets and distribute them to various soup kitchens throughout the city operated by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Athens.
- Supported dozens of homeless people by providing humanitarian help, counseling, and family support with the help of specialist streetworkers cultivating trusting relationships to implement individualized programs to meet their needs.
Research Assistant, Department of Psychology, SUNY, Geneseo, NY (March 2020-May 2021)
- Recruited 30+ Asian-Americans and Asians to understand their cultural adjustment experiences to create a structure and execute qualitative surveys and semi-structured interviews.
- Discussed the themes present in the interviews for the initial coding/content analysis to resolve disagreements to ensure a degree of objectivity in the content analysis.
- Published and presented the research, “A Qualitative Study of the Experience of Asian-American Students During Spring 2020” as a part of the 15th Annual Geneseo Recognizing Excellence (GREAT) Day.
Career Peer Mentor, Department of Career Development, SUNY, Geneseo, NY (August 2019-December 2020)
- Advised undergraduate students in navigating website resources such as Handshake focus 2, and LinkedIn to help them successfully find information regarding internships, part-time jobs, and career assessments.
- Critiqued the student resume and cover letter development through 1:1 consultation during drop-in hours respective to their career and internship interest.
- Initiated projects to build connections between the international student population increasing participation and engagement.
Trade & Professional Memberships
- National Association of Legal Assistants
- Nepali (Native)
- Hindi (Proficient)
- Urdu (Intermediate)
- Spanish (Intermediate)
- Korean (Beginner)