Tom S. Chen is an Associate at JFB Legal. A recent graduate of William & Mary Law School, Tom has experience conducting legal research in various complex civil litigation matters. Prior to joining JFB Legal, Mr. Chen worked as a legal intern for GS Engineering & Construction, researching issues on contract disputes, the enforceability of credit demand letters along with other international arbitration issues. Mr. Chen has also provided pro bono assistance through William & Mary’s Immigration Clinic and Veteran Benefits Clinic, working in various matters ranging from assisting individuals seeking asylum to helping veterans file claims for disability compensation.
William & Mary Law School, J.D., 2021
- Business Law Review, Articles Editor
- Center for the Study of Law and Market Fellowship
- National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association, Treasurer
University of Alberta, B.Comm., Finance, with distinction, 2018
- Business Finance Association, Treasurer
Prior to JFB Legal
Law Offices of Andrew Free, Nashville, TN (Summer 2020)
- Summer Fellowship – Researched and presented on related issues for a class action lawsuit, e.g., the Freedom of Information Act and how to use it to its full effect when dealing with a public administration. Wrote intake interview summaries of potential class-action members.
GS Engineering & Construction, Seoul, South Korea (Summer 2019)
- Summer Intern – Wrote research memoranda on the enforceability of a credit demand clause within international arbitration. Researched and reported to in-house counsel on other transactional issues for financing various international projects being developed by the company.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York