Steven Prawitt is an Associate at JFB Legal and a recent graduate of William & Mary Law School. Steven has conducted legal research on a variety of commercial litigation issues in federal and state courts. At JFB Legal, Steven has worked primarily on complex contract disputes pending in New York, including work on pre-trial and appellate matters. While in law school, Steven represented indigent clients in criminal trials in Virginia and successfully argued a motion to strike an appealed misdemeanor charge in Circuit Court. Steven competed in Moot Court tournaments in Florida and New York as a student and directed recruitment for the second-ranked Moot Court team in the nation.
William & Mary Law School, J.D., 2022
- Moot Court Executive Board
- Bushrod T. Washington Tournament Director
- Public Discourse Initiative, President
Utah State University, B.S., Political Science, 2018
- Government Relations Council, Lobbying Chair
- USUSA Dedication to Excellence Award
- USU Men’s Volleyball
- Third-year Practice Intern – Represented indigent clients charged with misdemeanor offenses in Virginia. Tried cases, argued bond motions, and negotiated and presented plea agreements in General District Court, Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, and Circuit Court in Spotsylvania County, Virginia. Assisted with research and preparation for felony cases. Conducted client interviews, jail visits, and witness interviews in the interest of client-centered representation.
- Summer Law Clerk – Evaluated claim packages related to the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting settlement. Reviewed medical and financial documents to recommend claim value under the claims administration protocol. Prepared Notices of Allocation for hundreds of potential claimants.
- Staffed the most successful independent campaign for the U.S. House of Representatives in state history. Directed all grassroots and canvassing efforts with over 500 volunteers. Oversaw political events and debate preparation. Drafted press releases, policy positions, and outreach messaging with the candidate and staff.