Stephen Hitt is the Paralegal Manager at JFB Legal. Stephen brings over five years of paralegal experience having previously worked in both large and boutique firms on a diverse range of civil and criminal matters. Stephen enjoys solving complex logistics problems as they arise in litigation, from case initiation through to trial and appeal.
State University of New York at Albany, B.A. in English & Music, 2015, summa cum laude
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, New York, NY (2018 – 2020)
- Litigation Paralegal – Participated in all aspects of the litigation lifecycle including investigation, briefing, discovery, trial, and appeal. Produced documents to government agencies on behalf of financial institutions. Coordinated appellate submissions for large joint defense groups. Analyzed client cost projections and prepared monthly bills
The Rosen Law Firm, P.A., New York, NY (2017 – 2018)
- Litigation Paralegal – Investigated claims of alleged fraud for individuals and institutions trading complex financial instruments. Explored issues in recent securities fraud cases and presented findings to team. Analyzed investor subscription documents and calculated losses. Drafted pleadings and motions, discovery requests and responses.
Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, New York, NY (2016 – 2017)
- Legal Assistant – Prepared client memoranda, engagement letters, and agreements. Liaised with institutional and individual clients, opposing counsel, and international offices. Scheduled meetings on behalf of leadership committees with global partnership.
- The National Association of Legal Assistants
- Notary Public (State of New York)