Scarlett Baughman is the Event Coordinator at JFB Legal. A recent graduate of UNLV’S William F. Harrah’s College of Hospitality, Scarlett brings both academic and professional event planning experience to JFB Legal, having worked in the hospitality sector for almost five years, most recently as an Event Hostess at a boutique event planning company serving the West Coast. At JFB Legal, Scarlett is responsible for arranging and coordinating all firm-sponsored corporate and practice development events, and for building and maintaining a client database.
The University of Nevada at Las Vegas, M.S., Hotel Administration (expected completion 2023)
- UNLV, College of Hospitality, Graduate Assistantship (Fall 2022)
The University of Nevada at Las Vegas, B.S., Hospitality Management, Minor in French, 2022, magna cum laude, University Honors Scholar
- Honors College
- Dean’s List
- UNLVino & Rebel Challenge Scholarship
- UNLV Sports Club Executive Council, Treasurer
- Zeta Tau Alpha – Iota Eta Chapter, Fundraising Treasurer
- UNLV Crew, President & Captain
- Cirque du UNLV, Vice President
New York Bartending School, New York, NY, Bartending Certification, 2019
Southern Nevada Health District, Food Handler Safety Certificate, 2020
- Assisted with the planning, preparation, and organization of events, including weddings, conferences, celebrations, etc. developing detailed work schedules to ensure efficiency in terms of event logistics.
- Managed guests at functions and provided liaison between support staff and guests.
- Ensured that policies and contracts were followed, addressing issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Provided excellent customer service in high volume business (100+ transactions per hour), establishing rapport with regular customers, while maintaining exceptional hospitality service to all guests.
- Multitasked in all areas of the business. Had responsibility for opening and closing the store, and for training new staff.
- Provided quick, friendly, and reliable server service to 35 tables per shift (90-table capacity) at this casual-dining local restaurant, exemplifying customer satisfaction standards. Maintained courteous and professional relations with diners.
- Prepared cocktails and specialty drinks to bar guests, up-selling high-shelf liquors.
- Ran food to all 90 tables plus the bar at a quick pace.
- Greeted diners at tables and maintained customer satisfaction, correcting kitchen errors promptly through liaison with management and servers.
- Greeted all diners with high energy, enthusiasm, and kindness, handling wait times of up to 2 hours.
- Trusted keyholder for four beach rental houses. Reviewed houses on rental turnover day, ensuring cleanliness and identifying/resolving any repair issues.