Nicholas Jimenez is a Senior Associate at JFB Legal. Nicholas is an experienced litigator with extensive experience in both state and federal court. During his career, Nick has represented clients of all sizes – from individuals to multinational corporations – in a variety of capacities. Nick has experience in antitrust, intellectual property, real estate litigation, bankruptcy, breach of contract, business torts, and white-collar crime.
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, May 2015
- Order of the Barristers: Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Shalom Moot Court Award: Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- Duquesne Business Law Journal: Articles Editor
- Duquesne Intellectual Property Law Association: Vice President
- National Civil Trial Competition 2014: Outstanding Advocate, Finalist
Emory & Henry College, B.A., International Relations, magna cum laude, 2011
- Represented a horse farm in an easement dispute with a regional airport.
- Represented one partner in a medical practice in withdrawing from the practice with the full value of his interest intact.
- Represented a national corporation in premises liability actions.
- Represented a national vehicle repair provider in an antitrust case alleging a price-fixing scheme.
- Represented a national electric supply company in a contract dispute with a general contractor.
- Represented numerous small businesses in disputes with local government, other businesses, and individuals.
- Represented a regional auto dealership in a dispute with the attorney general regarding their advertising practices.
- Represented individuals in cases involving allegations of wire fraud, embezzlement, insider trading, and other white-collar crimes.
Internal and Regulatory Investigations
- Assisted a local police department in investigating alleged misconduct by an officer.
- Assisted several small businesses in internal investigations into potential wrongdoing by partners, employees, and others.
- Assisted investors and shareholders in obtaining updated records to ensure their money was being properly managed.
Goodman Allen Donnelly, Norfolk, VA (2021- 2022)
- Associate – Broad civil litigation practice that includes commercial litigation, medical malpractice defense, regulatory investigations, and civil-rights litigation. Prepared responsive pleadings including special pleas, pleas in bar, answers, and demurrers. Prepared discovery requests and responses. Consulted with potential experts and prepared expert designations. Conducted and defended both witness and expert depositions. Prepared briefs in support of various motions, including motions for summary judgment. Managed large document productions throughout the discovery process. Participated in mediation and arbitrations. Consulted with small businesses to provide advice concerning policies related to employment and compliance. Represented small businesses in government regulatory investigations. Litigated adversary actions pending in bankruptcy court. Prepared insurance coverage opinions.
Obermayer, Rebmann, Maxwell & Hippel, Philadelphia, PA (2018- 2020)
- Associate – Experience in all phases of commercial litigation, including dispute arising from business dissolutions, breach of contract claims, product liability, bankruptcy, antitrust litigation, government regulatory actions and white-collar crime. Litigated employment issues including wage and hour violations, EEOC complaints, and disputes over anti-competitive covenants. Litigated adversary actions during Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings. Analyzed partnership agreements, corporate by-laws, non-competes and other authoritative documents. Provided insurance coverage opinions and litigated disputes concerning extent of insurance coverage. Represented small businesses in disputes with lenders and other business entities. Conducted internal investigations into employee misconduct.
Zimmer Kunz, Pittsburgh, PA (2015 – 2018)
- Associate – Broad civil defense practice involving litigation on behalf of both insurance companies, and institutional clients. Prepared pleadings, briefs, and other filings, including dispositive motions. Appeared in court to present oral arguments on preliminary objections, summary judgment, and discovery motions. Conducted and defended depositions. Prepared written discovery directed to individuals, corporate entities, and expert witnesses. Utilized e-discovery software to produce properly redact electronically stored information. Prepared privilege log throughout the e-discovery process. Analyzed insurance policies and prepared coverage opinions. Defended insurance bad-faith claims. Analyzed product liability claims, including participating in the inspection of the allegedly defective products with expert witnesses. Conducted site inspections for cases involving claims of premises liability. Defended healthcare providers, small medical offices, and large institutions such as hospitals against claims of medical malpractice. Participated in site inspections, including the inspections of defective products by expert witnesses.
United States Attorney’s Office, Western District of Pennsylvania, PA (January 2015 – August 2015)
- Certified Legal Intern – Worked with the Violent Crime and White-Collar Crime departments. Interviewed witnesses during internal investigations, and criminal investigations. Shadowed Assistant United States’ Attorneys (AUSAs) during meetings with FBI agents. Assisted AUSAs during review of discovery related to wire-fraud, drafted memoranda to assist AUSAs as they attempted to prosecute white-collar crimes. Observed AUSAs conduct select juries, and present cases to juries. Observed motion’s practice before various judges in the Western District of Pennsylvania. Participated in investigations concerning potential wire fraud, and other white-collar criminal offenses.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Trial Lawyers College
- Federal Bar Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- I’Anson-Hoffman Inn of Court