John C. Treat is an Associate at JFB Legal. John has experience representing clients in a variety of civil litigation matters in state and federal court. He has assisted with successfully resolving false advertising and unfair competition claims for a pharmaceutical company and with obtaining emergency relief for a healthcare provider. In his pro bono practice, Mr. Treat played an active role on a trial team prosecuting a housing and discrimination case in San Francisco, successfully opposing summary judgment.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2018
Michigan Journal of Law Reform, Associate Editor
- Winter 2017 Certificate of Merit
Stanford University, B.A., Political Science; B.A., History; 2014
Stanford Cardinal Baseball Team, NCAA Division I (Pitcher), 2011-2012
- Represented large financial institution in federal trial concerning mistaken transfer of funds to investment managers and lenders involved in a $900 million syndicated loan.
- Served as a member of a team defending a specialty pharmaceutical company against false advertising and unfair competition claims.
- Conducted a risk assessment of breach of contract and trademark infringement claims and filed an emergency temporary restraining order for a healthcare provider.
- Drafted appellate briefs for an insurance company in related personal jurisdiction proceedings in Texas appellate court and quasi-bankruptcy litigation in Delaware state court.
- Served as a key member of a litigation team, including engaging in extensive discovery and drafting a motion successfully opposing summary judgment, to gain relief for tenants in San Francisco who had suffered from abusive and discriminatory practices by their landlords.
Ropes & Gray LLP, New York, NY (2018-2020)
- New York, 2019