Imani Curry-Johnson is a Researcher at JFB Legal. Imani uses her background in science research to assist the firm’s attorneys with understanding the complex scientific issues in their cases. Imani has experience in cancer research, Parkinson’s Disease, and the synthesis of molecular structures. Imani also works in the medical field helping one of the poorest communities in the U.S. fight the COVID-19 pandemic and other assorted health issues. Additionally, Imani danced professionally in contemporary ballet in New York City after college.
Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY, B.A., May 2016
- Concentrations Pre-Medicine and Dance
- Vice President, Sarah Lawrence College Natural Sciences Review
- Biology research paper on The Effect of CAM and Alternative Medicine on Breast Cancer Patients was presented to the Science Department.
Prior to JFB Legal
Scribe, CityMD, New York, NY (November 2020–Present)
- Support supervising physicians by performing in-house testing, drawing blood, documenting patient interaction, and assisting with medical procedures.
Intern, Dance for Parkinson’s Disease, Brooklyn, NY (June 2016–June 2017)
- Researched and presented prominent literature on Parkinson’s Disease and dance therapy, including helping create and assemble research materials.
- Streamlined self-reporting process enabling the program to collect more accurate data. Took on responsibilities of Program Manager during her absence.
- Worked with dancers in class to ensure they could participate in a manner appropriate with their mobility.
Trade & Professional Memberships
- The National Association of Legal Assistants