Caroline George is the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer at JFB Legal. Caroline brings over 18 years of experience as an Accountant in the financial services sector, along with almost 10 years as a Property Developer, building and managing a portfolio of beach rental homes located in the Outer Banks, NC. After maximizing the portfolio’s yield and market valuation, Caroline chose to sell her business and return to professional services. At JFB Legal, Caroline is responsible for managing the non-client aspects of the business operations. Caroline is originally from England and maintains dual British-American citizenship.
University of Leeds, B.A. in Classics, cum laude, 1989
Leeds University Crew
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
Associated Chartered Accountant, 1993 (active license)
FINRA Series 27
Financial & Operations Principal (inactive license)
JCB Duck, LLC – Kitty Hawk, NC
- Real Estate Investment Property Developer – Built and managed a real estate investment portfolio of beach rental properties located in the Outer Banks, NC.
Citigroup Inc. – New York, NY
- Director, International Financial Planning & Analysis Unit – In charge of a reporting function with 110 staff located in 38 countries, responsible for compiling/reporting Citigroup’s results on a geographic basis, for use within the quarterly earnings statements.
- Program Director in Audit & Risk Review – Responsible for managing audits in the broker-dealer businesses. Also, Chief Auditor of Citibank Canada.
Cantor Fitzgerald – New York, NY & London, UK
- Senior Vice President, Risk Management – Responsible for developing and monitoring various risk management controls and procedures in the New York office.
- European Financial Controller – Role included Accounting oversight and responsibility for the European offices, plus the branches located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Johannesburg.
Price Waterhouse Coopers – London, UK & New York, NY
- Audit Manager – Responsible for managing audits and consulting projects at various international banks and broker dealers. Role included a two-year Executive Management posting to the New York office, and several shorter assignments working in Russia and Estonia.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales – North American Chapter
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – New York & Virginia Chapters
- Financial Women’s Association
- National Real Estate Investors’ Association