Angela Yost is the Head Paralegal at JFB Legal. A recent graduate of the College of William & Mary, Angela has professional experience overseas, working as a Freeman Fellow in the Philippines where she advocated for increased transparency and accountability in the Department of Education. Angela studied Japanese for three years and completed an intensive language immersion program in Tokyo. Angela specializes in scholarly research and writing, with a focus on international security, specifically in the East Asia region. Prior to joining JFB Legal, Angela worked as a Research Assistant with AidData for two years and was invited to present her independent research at a noted academic conference.
The College of William & Mary, B.A., International Relations, Minor in East Asian Studies, cum laude, 2020
Presenter, European Studies Conference, Asian Migration to Europe: Assimilation, Multiculturalism, or Exclusion?
- Freeman Fellow, CheckMySchool, 2018
- William & Mary Syndicate Hip Hop Team, Choreographer
- William & Mary Salsa Dance Team, 1st Place in the RVA Salsa & Bachata Congress, 2020
Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan, Intensive Summer Language Program Certificate, 2019
William & Mary Washington D.C. Institute, Washington D.C., Foreign Policy Seminar, 2018
Presented a policy brief on Artificial Intelligence to a panel of three government policymakers.
Life, Annuities & Health Insurance License Exam, VA, 2020
Modern & Classical Languages – Japanese (Upper Intermediate), Russian (Beginner), Latin (Advanced)
Head Resident, William & Mary Residence Life, The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg VA (2019/20 Academic Year)
- Supported community development philosophy by advising seven Community Council Officers on how to effectively engage approximately 150 residents in community activities while also adhering to a budget.
- Supervised and advised five resident assistants in an assigned area.
- Worked with facilities management to successfully obtain a new grill, lounge furniture, outdoor picnic tables, gaming system, and television for the residence hall.
- Successfully coordinated with Student Assembly and Williamsburg City Council to install a crosswalk and additional street lighting.
Research Assistant, AidData, Williamsburg, VA (October 2018 – May 2020)
- Open-source research with Survey Practice Team on the Listening to Leaders Project. Partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the World Bank.
- Worked as a Research Intern and was promoted to Research Assistant in January 2019.
- Maintained sampling frames for the collection and analyzed feedback on development priorities, progress, and performance from the perspective of leaders in 140 low- and middle-income countries.
Summer Fellow, Check My School, The Philippines (Summer 2018)
- Selected through a competitive process for a Summer Fellowship funded by the Freeman Foundation and worked as a research intern for three months in Quezon City.
- Conducted qualitative research and led four discussion groups to assist in developing a seven-variable school hardship index for identifying schools in need.
- Assisted in executing a mandate analysis workshop for over thirty Department of Education officials.
- The National Association of Legal Assistants